After Baby Arrives
As you adjust to being a mom, be sure to take care of yourself too!
- Connect with other moms. Look for a moms’ group in your community or online.
- Make time for yourself. Do something you enjoy, like listening to music, reading a book, watching a favorite show, or taking a hot bath without interruption.
- Be realistic. No need to strive for perfection. Do what you can.
- Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask family and friends for help, whether it’s caring for the baby or doing household chores.
- Rest when the baby rests. Sleep is just as important for you as it is for the baby.